Skin damage builds up and over time it can make your skin texture uneven and scarred, and can even make it look discoloured, but you can vastly improve your skin by exfoliating. Exfoliation involves removing the old, dead skin cells on the skin’s outer surface, getting rid of clogged pores, dull skin and signs of ageing.
Exfoliating your skin can make it look softer, with a more even surface, helping skin treatments to work better and giving you a smoother base to apply your make-up on.
We exfoliate our face for three reasons:
- To cleanse the skin by removing build-up from the pores, which helps to get rid of blackheads and white heads
- To smooth the skin’s texture, giving your skin a soft and flawless look
- To stimulate blood flow to the face, giving a youthful glow
- We can exfoliate the skin in different ways:
- Twice weekly exfoliation using a traditional scrub. A facial wash containing tiny, sand-like particles will physically smooth away any rough areas, removing dead skin cells and uncovering new ones, leaving your skin feeling soft and looking flawless. It’s possible to create your own face and body scrub by mixing baking soda with your facial cleanser to make it an exfoliating cleanser.
A liquid exfoliator uses acids to take away dead skin cells and it works on a deeper level by dissolving the glue-like substance that bonds the dead skin cells. Acid based products have an anti-bacterial effect which cleans deep within the pores and some of them can boost hydration, cell turnover and collagen production. The skin sheds cells daily, however, by applying products and make-up every day we can halt this process, but using acids every day can copy this natural process.
Exfoliation done at home is superficial, but microdermabrasion at a cosmetic clinic is more in-depth and goes deeper than your typical facial scrub. A precision blast of superfine crystals will smooth away fine lines, and reduce pigment irregularities on the surface of the skin. This stimulates an increase in cell turnover, and you’ll notice more brightness to your complexion. Microdermabrasion is one of the most popular cosmetic medical procedures performed today. It’s an ideal treatment for the skin because it uses non-allergenic crystals which is good for skin that’s sensitive to chemicals.
Microdermabrasion is a safe non-surgical treatment which doesn’t present any risks when it’s performed by a qualified practitioner. This treatment can easily be done in a lunchtime and is one which will allow you to return to your normal activities on the same day
If you need help choosing a cosmetic procedure, we provide an extensive range of cosmetic procedures for the face and body: Botox, Vaser Lipo, Lip Augmentation, Dermal Fillers and many more treatments, to help create a younger, slimmer, more youthful looking you!
The Selston Cosmetic Clinic is located in Selston, Nottingham, where we offer a bespoke service with a personalised touch and deliver high client satisfaction. We have been involved in the cosmetic industry for over 10 years.